Senior Pastor Danny Taylor
My name is Danny Taylor, and while I know it is impossible to really get to know a guy in just a few lines, please allow me to introduce myself in a way that may give you an idea of who I am and what I am about.
- I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, doing my best to live like he would live
- I am a husband to my beautiful wife, Evangeline, who makes me a better person in every possible way
- I am a dad to our four young kids
- I am a runner – My sweet spot is between a 10K and half-marathon (tall skinny guys are built for that!)
- I am a Detroit sports fan, knowing full well that living in Chicagoland is dangerous territory
- I am a musician: I have 3 guitars, an acoustic-fretless bass, ukulele, mandolin, piano, and I play them all
- On my playlist you’ll find Arcade FIre, U2, and everything in between
- If it were socially acceptable to live on coffee, pizza, and Skittles, I would do it!
- Finally, the most important thing in my life is my living and active relationship with the God who saves me. He has a plan for making the world a better place and has invited me on the journey
Our mission at Elgin Church of the Nazarene is to follow in Jesus’ footsteps. He loved the world unconditionally and did some pretty crazy things that showed his love. Our job is to love the world like he loves the world, and do our part to make it a better place to live, work, and play. So whether you’ve been a Christian for 80 years, 8 days, or have never even given a thought to Christianity at all, I invite you to join me and Elgin Church of the Nazarene on what has already been and will continue to be an incredible journey!